The June P. Zintz Memorial Library of the Western New York Genealogical Society
Location: The collection is located in the Grosvenor Room of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library at Lafayette Square. The Society schedules a volunteer on duty at least once a week.
Society website: http://www.wnygs.org/
The Society maintains a growing library of over 3000 books, more than 700 rolls of microfilm, a number of periodicals and several card catalogs as a repository of genealogical information pertaining to the area and its early settlers. Primary interest is in the eight counties of Western New York: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming. However, there is much information on the remainder of New York State and New England, as well as most of the other states, many foreign countries and many families.
Among the Library's holdings are the following:
• Ancestor charts and family group sheets of members
• Atlases, Gazetteers
• Bible records
• Birth records
• Cemetery records
• Census records
• Church Records
• City directories
• Family History and Genealogy
• Foreign: Britain, Ireland, Germany etc., including Germans to America
• "How-to" books
• Local histories
• Marriage records
• Vital Index of Early Western New York Families
The Michael Drabik Memorial Library of the Polish Genealogical Society of New York State
Location: The collection is located in the Grosvenor Room of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library at Lafayette Square.
Society website: http://www.pgsnys.org/
The Michael Drabik Memorial Library Collection was dedicated on August 9, 2008. The Polish Genealogical Society of New York State maintains this reference library of approximately 300 titles. The collection consists of materials pertaining to Poland and a variety of Polish American topics nation-wide. Many of the books are in Polish.
The library's holdings include, but are not limited to, the following subjects and types of resources:
• Church histories
• "How-to" books: Polish genealogy, general genealogy
• Immigration/emigration materials
• Poland: general histories, histories of Polish towns/villages/regions, culture, literature, description and guidebooks, social life and customs
• Polish Americans: history, culture, social life and customs
• Surname dictionaries