Featured Resource: World Book Online
World Book Online provides a wealth of knowledge. It is a user-friendly database, full of information and easy to use. This optimal resource is for students in elementary and middle school who need assistance with their homework and research projects. It includes all the articles from the print versions of the World Book Encyclopedia, plus thousands of additional articles, learning resources, and research tools. Use World Book Online to . . .
• Find answers to your questions
• Read daily headlines from the newspaper of any state or country you choose
• Keep yourself informed of current national and world events
• Find science project and experiment ideas for long-term and last minute projects
• Have access to more than 40,000 encyclopedia and reference articles
• Search World Book Biography Center, with more than 10,000 biographies
• Look through comprehensive multimedia collections, including World Book Explores and geography resource guides
• Explore thousands of links selected by World Book editors and expert contributors
• Consult research tools, including Citation Builder, How to Do Research guides, and a personalized My Research account
Students will find lots of fun facts, maps, games, and activities to compliment their return to class work.
This site is developed specifically for primary school aged children, with such features as . . .
• Thousands of easy-to-read articles
• Engaging images and illustrations
• Interactive games and activities
• Interactive maps
• Outline maps and flags
• A biography center
• Science projects
• Teacher resources